Re: [MV] Oh NO!..DOT

From: Mike (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 21:32:49 PDT

I have had more than I person tell me that if there is no Data plate or even if there is, that they will look at the number of lug bolts on the axles. Six means 3500 pounds, 8 means at least 5200 pounds. Two 5200 pound axles means 10400 GVWR. No one makes 5000 pound axles.

And I have talked to several people, some in enforcement, and have gotten about as many different answers.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS