Re: [MV] Oh NO!..DOT

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 12:33:35 PDT

Ryan,

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
> At 4:53 AM +0000 6/4/05, timothy.smith1@att.net wrote:
> >So, if I encounter a guy who was savvy enough to
> >get himself a 14,000 GVWR and stay under the
> >26,0001 threshhold, I smile, wave goodbye, and
> >say have a nice day.
>
> But it's still in class A territory is it not?

Negative. As long as his cross combined vehicle weight rating did not exceed 26,000, no CDL qould be required. He could get himself a truck with a 12,000 GVWR, hook it up to his 14,000 GVWR trailer for a GCVWR of 26,000 and he's good to go with a class C driver's license. (I wonder of the manufacturer's of TAKE 3 charge extra for putting a 14K GVWR on their 21K GVWR trailer. HA! I bet they do!)

TJ