Re: [MV] Speaking of Mil Veh auctions on eBay

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 08:59:58 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Ternes" <racecadet@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 8:08 AM
Subject: [MV] Speaking of Mil Veh auctions on eBay

> So, there's this 5 ton on eBay right now.
>
> Item nš 4554137673:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/b6ekh
>
> I'm not trying to call anyone out here, but does
> this seem like a strange setup?

My read on it is that he's trying to pre-sell trucks before he bids on them,
then, when won, he plans on signing over right and title to the buyer and
have him or her pick the truck up from the base. Or he might pick it up,
but the "plan on needing new batteries" thing is a dead giveaway that he's
not planning to have someone show up in his driveway and drive the thing off
as a turn-key creature. (Though he also might've purchased a large lot, not
yet recovered to his own yard, and still on the base burning up the "Pick Up
Property Before XX-XX-05 or Lose It" period.)

If it's truly on the slimy-side, I'm pretty sure someone tried that awhile
ago with some aircraft being sold through GL, and got their ad pulled from
Ebay when a few sharp-eyed people whispered a few words in the right ears.
That was awhile ago though.