Re: [MV] Cummins run away

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 03:11:45 PDT

Joe,

 Sounds like fuel injection pump rebuild time to
me. Sounds like the governor (inside the fuel
pump) lost the ability to know how faset the
engine is running. You will like it much better
when replaced /rebuilt.
  We had one do the same thing here in NH
civilian truck but same NTC-855 engine, rebuilt
pump after owner was convinced it wasn't the
problem and it runs like a Cummins again.

James Shanks
85 M-1009
98 IMZ 8.103