Seat cover/cushion sources

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 16:16:56 PDT

My various 2.5-ton and 5-ton multifuel trucks (too many, gotta thin the
herd a bit soon...) need various seat covers and/or cushions replaced. I
haven't dealt with any of the various vendors for such things (i.e.,
Beachwood, New Life Resource, Pizzoferrato, various surplus dealers with
NOS stuff, etc.) before. Can any of y'all comment on their relative
merits, with regards to price, lead-time, quality, etc.? I may have a
preference for vendors who would ship from stock rather than making
product to order, because I'm not known for my patience. I would
consider more durable/weather-resistant materials like vinyl instead of
canvas as a plus. I'm a motor-pool kind of guy, not a
frame-off-restoration kind of guy.

On a related note, one of my deuces needs the whole passenger seat back
(the metal frame with diamond plate, not just the cushion). Does anybody
have an extra, preferably near southern California? Another one of my
trucks is missing its cab bows.

I'm also keeping my eyes open for a good price on a working 60A alternator.

I've updated my wanted/for trade list today, too:

     http://www.nf6x.net/trade.html

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/