Re: [MV] Glow plugs M1009

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 25 2005 - 03:12:11 PDT

Quick answer....like Mike said, go with the 60G. Autozone was the cheapest by
a long shot ($7.99, I think). If you don't have a local one, you can get them
on-line.

Now, let me tell you my little glow plug story....

After wrestling out 5 swollen plugs...another story for a different time. (Let
me know if you need more info on this.)

I bought a set ($10 each when bought by set) of those super-duper non-swelling
glowplugs from Kennedy Diesel, which turned out to be Wellman.

I had to grind the tabs so they would fit the connectors. While I was very
carefully grinding them, one of them just fell off (due to what I considered a
bad spot weld). I promply called Kennedy and left a message. The owner
e-mailed me back and said another one was on it's way and to send the broken
one back. I replyed to him and fully explained the situation to ensure that it
would still be covered under warranty. We exchanged several e-mails on the
subject and he said that it would probably not be covered since I grinded on
the tab, and not so send it back.

I explained to him I was sure that my grinding did not totally cause it since I
was VERY careful and didn't have any problems with the other 7. I offered to
still send it back to him for a full evaluation. Well, he still sent me
another glow plug and charged my credit card $12.80!!!! That was full price
for a single plug plus shipping. I didn't open the package and e-mailed them
with my displeased situation, but did not get a response. So I refused the
package and retured to sender. They did give me a full refund of $12.80.

For that one broken plug, I went to Autozone and got a 60G. So far the 7
Wellmans and 1 60G has been working fine. I also installed a manual switch.
If you need a new glow plug relay, there is one you can get for about $18. I
got mine from Advance Auto. I think it was a SS76.

Jeff Gatton
Saucier, MS

--- Mike Howell <michael@tsixroads.com> wrote:

> I would recommend AC Delco 60g glowplugs. You can get them about anywhere
> (even the NAPA in Tishomingo, MS keeps a set in stock). They are
> non-swelling and temp compensated. I did have to grind the spade down a
> little. I can't think of any problem except maybe corrosion. I replaced my
> first set a year ago and haven't had any problems.
>
> Mike in Tish

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com