RE: [MV] CUCV Bumm'n me out!

From: Mike Maynard (mike@wesleyscott.com)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 10:53:31 PDT

Tom, it sounds to me like you have a poor ground from your engine to the
battery/frame. I would take all your ground wires off and clean them up and
put them back. You are most likely smoking a little oil off of the braided
ground strap, due to heat from the current trying to use it as its primary
source to ground.

Do you have the fuel shutoff solenoid unhooked still when the injector is
cracked? You wont get any fuel at that point... ;-) I know it's a stupid
question, but I gotta check.

Mike