Re: [MV] Looking for LAV-25 (Bison).

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 16:03:34 PDT

Are the governors still the same as the old days. Our dump trucks were too
slow so the governor had to go. That was easy.

You could pick up speed down a hill, downshift & hold in the clutch, let the
engine idle while coasting, then let out the clutch. The engine revs over
max.
Engine rev blows the governor & the vehicle always ran great on the road
after that.

Of course only until the Motor pool realizes what happened. Then you look
innocent until the next time.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
MVPA, MTA