Re: [MV] M-1009 Starting Problems

From: Caleb Pal - MilVeh (m1009@defcon-3.net)
Date: Tue Jul 12 2005 - 17:29:51 PDT

Hey,

I would try replacing the Fuel Pressure switch, behind the square fuel
filter. Stu is going to say this, lets see if I beat him to it :). The next
thing would be to see when you are cranking it if it smokes. As far as I can
tell, if the glow plugs are bad, it will puff smoke but not start. If it
doesn't puff smoke, chances are air is getting in the fuel line, or you have
an IP problem, which seems unlikely due to you just having it re-done last
year. I could be wrong, but thats what I have noticed. Try the fuel pressure
switch, and maybe to a resistance test on your plugs.

Good luck

Caleb