It's alive... A dog tag machine story

From: Robert Buettner (ww2reenactor@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 09:04:53 PDT

Hello List-

I recently rescued a Addressograph Graphotype Model
6340 from the local scrappers. After oiling it up
good I decided to try it out. It was pure delight.
For those of you who have never seen a dog tag machine
running up close, go do it. It has a truly unique
sound and the sights and smells are overwhelming as
well. Someday I might stop turning the machine on
just to hear it run... :b

There is only one small problem that I hope someone on
the list will be able to help me with. The machine is
missing the dog tag carrier. I can stick metal into
the machine and it will stamp it, but I can't hold a
straight line or space the leters out well enough by
hand. :) So I will need to find a carrier. If you
have one you want to part with, or know of a souce,
please let me know. I plan on using the machine to
help raise funds for War Memorials of Wisconsin.

Thanks

Robert Buettner
Appleton, WI

War Memorials of Wisconsin