Re: [MV] M35 Wheel Bearings Hot

From: Marc Strangfeld (mjstrangfeld@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 19:03:00 PDT

I've been through this several times with my truck
too.

here are my thoughts and opinions,

1 Gear oil will wash the grease out, I've had it
happen to me

2 The inner seal is important if you like having
brakes

3 It's not necessary to pack the recess with grease

4 Snug the bearings up slightly after they have been
run in

5 When the hubs do leak it's too late, you have to
pull everything apart and start over. However, if you
do it right away the brakes are usually ok.

6 If your neighbor tells you the bearings are
supposed to run in oil and not grease tell him to go
fly a kite

7 When you stop for fuel and notice they are leaking
again don't scream and holler too loud, it scares
people.

Marc

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs