Re: [MV] HELP! Deuce Multifuel Fuel Line Fitting Size/Thread TPI?

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 17:10:35 PDT

Ike,

My deuce has the original fuel lines from 1970 except for one that I
replaced the other day just for the fun of it and I haven't had the type of
failure you describe.
The thread for a 3/8" compression fitting is 9/16-20 UN.
If you use plastic tubing, don't forget the ferrule inside the end of the
tube to prevent it from collapsing too much. One problem with compression
fittings is over tightening. Tighten just enough to stop it from leaking.
Your best fix might be to replace the plastic line with copper for a more
permanent fix.
I wouldn't try tapping the current fitting for NPT. You'll end up with a
leaky mess. Orchard Supply has a good selection of fittings that you could
use to change over to barb fittings if you really want to.
I seem to recall that you are located in northern CA. If you need more help
let me know. I'm in Santa Clara.

Ken