Re: [MV] Kansas say no to Ferrets

From: W. Busse (wbusse@filterlogix.com)
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 06:45:19 PDT

Kansas DOT is a bunch of fascist pigs as a whole. I registered 4 deuces
with them and each time it was different - progresivelly getting worse. My
last time trying to get a deuce registered, I had to go through Alabama to
get a certificate of sales - or whatever they call it, (now you might think
that, the certificate would be honored in KS well, that is not the case at
all) So then I had to get it registered in MO, thanks Steve D. and finally
with a Missouri title I got it registered in the wonderful State of Kansas.
While car inspection laws in Kansas are very favorable - i.e. they don't
exist, registering a vehicle which is the slightest bit out of the ordinary
is a royal pain in the a__. Btw, the last time I talked to a guy at the DOT
HQ in Kansas complaining how the rules change each time I try to register a
Deuce, and how I have to jump through more hops which I did not previously,
his response was: that in the past I registered the vehicles improperly and
if I push too hard he would invalidate my previous deuce registrations. On
a good note, I told him how I would register my last deuce via the
Alabama-Missouri route, he got pissed off , I hung up, did it and had the
vehicles registered anyway!! There are ways to beat the system!!!