Re: [MV] Why we are probably the last generation to collect and preserve Historic Military Vehicles

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 09:01:24 PDT

At 11:36 AM -0400 8/5/05, Ron wrote:
> My nephew is a "BIG" wheel at Microsoft. Mid 30s, mega smart, hangs with Mr. Bill. He was out visiting last summer with his brood, went into shock anytime he was not connected for periods longer than 2 hours. Had considerable trouble understanding why I spent so much time and money playing with my collection, versus doing something constructive, like learning machine language or typing messages in HEX decimal format since it is more 'precise'.
>[snip]

> It's humorous, but also kind of scary...... For those of us who only use computers for e-mail and keeping downloaded manuals on, there is a whole lot of other worlds out there. What do you suppose the demographics are of the viewing audience of the History channel? My daughter's 10th grade world history class spent only 4 days covering WWII, zero days on the Korean Conflict, 2 days on Vietnam and 5 days on the current Iraqi unpleasantness. Anyways, while we wrench, history is, reformed? ......

There's a whole group of people out there that are just as smitten as you guys were with models that they spend hours making electronic drawings (3D) of various vehicles. Some eventually get into the hobby just as some people just scale their projects up. Grognards are Grognards. Some grow up and get into sports. Others grow up and buy an MV. Or three...or four.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -