Re: [MV] Why we are probably the last generation to collect and preserve Historic Military Vehicles

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 14:38:55 PDT

I'm not so sure. AFAIK, most of the micro chips are designed in the US by Intel
and a very few others. It is very hard to modify those designs in production,
even if done overseas.

IMO, it's much more likely that a Trojan would be introduced through the
operating SW. It would only take a very few in the SW process to do that. It's
also much harder to exhaustively test SW than HW.

FWIW,
-John