Re: [MV] Winch Cable ?

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 09:13:50 PDT

What ya planning on dragging, hoisting in the 10 ton range?
    If your nervous about the capacity of the cable, spool it off and
replace it, or at least inspect it and relay it on the drum properly.

http://www.usace.army.mil/publications/eng-manuals/em1110-2-3200/
 gets a CoE document on wire ropes which has some interesting info that you
may find useful

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms

PIN 018503 gets ya the deuce winch 34p manual

Go here and for $6 get TM 5-725 Army Technical Manual - Rigging which will
tell ya all ya might want to know about doing it right....

 http://www.mysticarmynavy.com/item.cfm?RequestTimeout=500&ID=1199

Then there is always google.....
Hope this helps

Ronzo