Re: [MV] CUCV Alternators

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 16:50:19 PDT

Don,

 The isolated ground on the Deco 27-S1 is really
quite simple. Look at alternator number one
(drivers side)....the ground stud sticking out
the back case of the alternator is grounded to
the engine block because the ground stud on the
rear of the alternator case is drilled out wider
than a civilian one to accept a ring of
insulation material to " Isolate the ground stud
itself". You should be able to buy the insulation
material from any starter/alternator rebuilder
and do it yourself. This is the only difference
from a civilian alternator. The electrical system
on a CUCV only looks complicated until you look
at it carefully then it is dead drop simple.

James Shanks
1985 M-1009