Re: [MV] Diesel fuel prices? $2.71 here near Seattle

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 06:17:47 PDT

..........." > Can a diesel run on natural gas? (thinking about my
generator)

> I`m afraid not !!!!!!!! ".......

I would respectfully disagree......
Diesel engines can run on propane or natural gas, or a myriad of other
combustible products. They were even run on coal dust at a time when first
invented!
As the engine is turned over, a fuel product is introduced into the intake
air flow. As it enters the combustion chamber, it ignites, as usual.
The injection process was developed for better control and easier starting,
especially with lower volatility fuels.
Of course, I could be wrong........
Henry