Re: [MV] M35A2 resale values???

From: Michael Gillman (tootallmike@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 08:38:48 PDT

Dave,

I'm sure Nigel will have more to say, but for my part, those of us in the UK who are into big trucks regard it as part of the cost of the hobby. It also has the useful by-product of making big vehicles cheap. My insurance is cheap (£40/year), road tax is free and I do not have to have the truck tested. I do all my own work so the only actual cost is the fuel, which is sadly non-negotiable. 1000miles this year at 4mpg... I just try not to think about it. If you want to do it, you swallow and pay up. And no, I'm by no means a millionaire - just passionate about my hobby.

If I paid US fuel prices, I'd use the truck to drive to work because it would cost the same as my current daily driver here. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Regards - Mike Gillman

1944 Ward la France

1975 M151A2

!983 F350