Re: [MV] 1960's Khaki Uniform

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 20:53:07 PDT

Royce,

Yes, Brass was worn on Short Sleeved Sun Tans, at least in the ARMY & AF.

Both were set the flat bottom of the Branch or US towards the Point of the
Collar.

The ARMY was the same with a Tie or without a Tie. I am unsure if AF
stayed the same, but I believe it did.

If you hold your thumb on the collar point, the insignia or US will read as
if your thumb was the bottom of the Brass.

Even in the 50s we wore our Name Tag on the Right Pocket Flap. Ribbons
over the Left Pocket. Special Medals & Weapons Qualification Badges on the
Left Pocket Flap.

Hope that helps.

How about that, I remembered something after my 43 years Military Service.
At age 17 Regular Army 3 yrs 1951 - 1954, National Guard 30 yrs 1954 -
1984, Army Reserve 10 yrs 1984 - 1994. At age 60, they told me to go home,
because I was not allowed to play anymore. They would just send money each
month. How do you think I can pay for my OD Toys ???

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA