Re: [MV] Help in Baton Rouge PLEASE!

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 20:29:23 PDT

Kenny,

I just came in and saw your post.

It may very well not be the rear main at all. Is he losing engine oil?
What does this oil coming out of the bell housing smell like? Is it engine
oil or could it be gear oil?

I had the very same problem and mine and my problem was that the
transmission was overfull.

There is no seal in the front of the transmission on the deucenahalf but a
rifle and if it is overfull it WILL go out that rifle when it gets hot. He
can fix the clutch slipping temporairaly by taking off the cover on the
bottom of the bell housing (six small bolts I think) and spraying brake
cleaner up in there, then turn the clutch a hundred and eighty and spray it
again and he is good to go. I came a thousand miles back from Maryland
doing this and I only had to spray it twice. I'm99% sure the seal is one
piece and can be replaced by removing the flywheel and prying it out with a
big open end wrench and then knocking the new one in.

He can no doubt get one overnighted to him from Memphis Equipment.

Hope this helps,

Sonny