Re: [MV] Battle of East Texas - 2005

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 22:01:29 PDT

There was a little issue with some Louisiana gangsta's at a local
shelter in east TX. They were threatening, disorderly, and rude,
frightening the other refugees. Reportedly one or more was armed.

Upon the state guard confronting them to settle them down, they said
'you just the state guard, what yo gonna do?' Upon being "axed" this
"qwurstion", the guardsmen soon returned to the punks armed (TXG often
goes unarmed but there's no problem arming up quick), and the officer, a
seasoned Veteran and Ranger with many wartime kills to his name, spoke
quietly to one of them for a bit. There was absolutely no further
trouble.

Texas will not put up with that crap, for sure, but I would imagine the
little discussion had a chilling effect on the punk's attitude.

At this point, the Dallas area is absorbing thousands of the displaced.
I hope thay can be connected to gainful employment for their own
well-being and recovery. Many will probably never go back. I visited one
east Texas shelter while going into town for an antenna, and it was
clean, well-lit, well-supplied, and the people (customers) seemed in
decent spirits in spite of their terrible ordeal.

Today, the ham radio operators in Tyler who had been assisting us with
operators ceased the operation. We are looking to a certain
distinguished vendor for help, if it pans out, I'll give an update
later.