Re: [MV] Vintage cannon: Can they be had?

From: Jim Webster (james.webster@iomartdsl.com)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 12:07:33 PDT

m35products wrote:

> The legal aspect is: Like most used military stuff that is disseminated to
> civilians, these weapons, even if totally rusted out, welded shut, or 150
> years out of date, still belong to the DoD, and can be still inventoried and
> reclaimed. Has it happened recently? Dunno, but a few Vietnam era tanks are
> placed around at VFW halls, and these tanks are inspected regularly, (by I
> don't know whom,) to ensure that they haven't strayed.

And then again as has been said there are a large amount just standing
around rusting away. I would suggest that you locate one then make a
presentation to the current custodians outlining your ability to retore
this gun to a far better presentable condition in return for you
borrowing it a few days each year. Would be considerably cheaper as well.

TTFN
JIm