Re: [MV] [MV]MREs

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 10:37:01 PDT

LOL! Actually the newest ones are pretty good. The beef enchilada is my
favorite.

I was told in the past that MREs were deliberately made to be barely edible.
The thinking was that if they tasted too good that soldiers would eat too
much thus depleting supplies too fast. If they were barely edible they
would only eat them when they where really hungry. But with today's all
volunteer military, they need to try harder to keep soldier happy so they
will stay with the military longer. A more tasty MRE is just one element in
an attempt to keep soldiers happy.

Darrell