Re: [MV] Kinda Off Subject But Important and Related

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 21:36:03 PDT

Floyd,
Yeah, I'd say that it is VERY important, along with the reports of US
military and NG troops being used to go house-to-house and disarming
people at gunpoint. Most people on this list are ex-military; and I
want to ask you all a simple question- at what point did the United
States military remove the part in its oath about defending the citizens
and the Constitution of the United States of America??? If it is true,
then what is going on down there in New Orleans is the most shameful
violation of the rights of US citizens, and for it to be done by fellow
Americans in our own military is something that I never would have
imagined possible, as I have always held our men and women in the armed
forces in the highest regard.
Will those who have family in the field there please try and confirm if
this story is indeed true as being reported, or if it is the isolated
actions of a few individuals who are following illegal and immoral
orders that are bringing a disgrace upon the sacred trust of the
citizens who look at our military as our defenders, not as the
jackbooted thugs of a globalist new facist world empire? And if these
orders ARE being issued and followed, please ask them from WHOM these
orders were issued, and under what authority that supposedly supercedes
the Constitution of the United States?
I'm sorry if I offend anyone on this list, but IF the rumors and TV
footage is true, and our troops are being used in direct violation of
their oaths, then someone needs to start speaking up, and speaking
loudly, and from within the military as well as from the civilian
sector. If you want a relevancy to teh MV list, well, if the government
is allowed to use aid to this disaster as a ploy to enact an
unconstitutional policy of mass civilian disarmament in direct violation
of multiple parts of the Bill of Rights, and to do so without protest or
resistance, just how long do any of you really think they will let any
of you keep your privately owned military vehicles????