Re: [MV] Iraq Victory - OT

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 12:26:50 PDT

At 10:53 AM -0700 9/20/05, Rick v100 wrote:
>If you aid the Kurds then the Turks will get upset. If
>the Turks get upset then we have a problem as they are
>fellow NATO members and trying to get entry into the
>EU.

Yep, and they've already been told to get bent, albeit diplomatically. That was after they denied our forces entry for the kickoff of OIF. A buddy of mine was a AVLB TC and he went on ship as part of the advanced party that got to cool their heels off the cost of turkey. He's still pissed he missed the early phases of the war.

>Also there is this oil pipeline that runs through
>Turkey that may be turned off if we aid the Kurds.

Turkey needs us more than we need them.

>Also don't forget we give foreign aid/miltiary sales
>to the Turks which was used to surpress the Kurds and
>the Kurds probably remember that as well.
>
>Confused yet?

It's international diplomacy. It's never complicated.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -