Re: [MV] Free estimates

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 16:39:19 PDT

Randy,

You would be amazed at how many people feel that your time, experience,
knowledge and expertise has no value. These are actually what a patient,
client or customer is paying for when the consult a physician, an
attorney or a mechanic, etc. However, most people actually feel the
monetary value is in their treatment, such as their prescription. I
cannot tell you how many times family members come in with the patient,
and say, "Since you are finished with my son (brother, husband, etc.)
and, as long as I am here, can you tell me what this is?" So, it only
takes a minute to evaluate, and a couple of minutes to tell them if they
should make an appointment to come in and get treated. So that's only
three minutes. But, if this happens 10 times per day, thats 30 minutes
delay. Amazingly, it is these same people that would not hesitate to
complain if I was running behind schedule.

I certainly don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, as I freely give
advise and help. But, that should be of my choosing, as it was my choice
to spend all those years in school to gain that knowledge, and my choice
to have all the student loans that need to be repaid. If you are seeking
the advise of a professional, whether it be a mechanic, a contractor or,
a physician, you should be prepared to pay for it. If you prefer not to
pay for their opinion, you are welcome to spend the time to acquire the
knowledge yourself.

Now, ask me how I REALLY feel :-)

Bruce

--