[MV] 160AX Manifold Question - Part Deux

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 02:04:59 PDT

Hi all,

Been working on my HT. Pulled the manifold assy due to a blown portion
of the gasket from the exhaust of #3 cyl. The link below points to a
picture showing the current state of affairs in my horse barn turned
halftrack repair center. The wall art is courtesy the previous owners kids.

http://dmaguire.home.mchsi.com/m3a1man1.JPG

Question - Now, after I clean the surfaces on the block that mate with
the manifold gasket, I have two choices...

1) Pull the manifolds apart, have them resurfaced, replace all the
gaskets, bolt them back together, and put them back on.
2) Just clean the two surfaces of the assy, put the new gasket in place,
and bolt the assy back on.

What are the recommendations? I am willing to do the big dig if there
is a reason. Is there anything else I should do while I am this far in.
  I've got a parade next Saturday so, please, no gettin' crazy on me!

I had also reported that I was replacing a bogie. Here is a link to a
pic of my HT without the offending cluster.

http://dmaguire.home.mchsi.com/bogie1.JPG

While I have all of you... Thanks for the info so far. Wendell, Chris,
Rick, Jeff, and others have given time and effort to help - much
appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan