Re: [MV] After Action Report for Hurricane Rita in East Texas

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 20:42:50 PDT

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I have to agree that it won't work.
My first choice for why it won't work is that no politician has the balls to
try it. All people on welfare or handouts or getting anything for free
should be made to work for their handouts. If they are single parents and
have kids then let them group together and run a laundry service, a day care
center so that others may work, a food kitchen so others may eat, there are
tons of things that need to be done but no one that is getting a free ride
wants to do them.

It's funny how those of us that have worked for years and never asked for
anything free seem to take our own free time and help these bums that then
sit on their collective asses and bitch about what else we can do for them!!
That burns me up...

Ed