RE: Diesel & cooking oil

From: G Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 15:16:26 PDT

Sadly, for the biodiesel fans, the demand for used oil is SKYROCKETING and
in the not to distant future it will not be around for free. As it is the
stuff is selling for 75 cents a gallon to buy it from a restaurant (picked
up on site WITH the sludge on the bottom of the barrells) now in the Boston
area. That is what the renderers are paying now to be able to keep getting
the stuff before the home fuel makers can. Most of the restaurant owners
are liking the fact that instead of paying to get rid of the stuff they are
now expecting a check which helps offset the cost of the new oil for the
fryolators. So the 75 cents per gallon is another cost to be factored in
along with all the rest of the chemicals and equipment as well as your time
I guess.

Glenn