Re: Cooking oil question

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 15:25:16 PDT

I'm missing the point here on this thread. If Rudolf tried to run his
new engine on dirt and it didn't work, would it matter? Sames goes for
wood? So what it didn't work. Edison tried to make light bulbs with
hundreds if not thousands of different kinds of filiments before he
found tungsten. No one cares about what didn't work. I bet that Rudolf
tried a lot of other stuff besides coal dust and peanut oil.

Coal dust works fine to fire some very large boilers though. Looks like
a heating oil flame if it is burning right.

Perhaps I should retrofit my M51 with a steam turbine. Put a couple of
thousand pounds of coal in the bed and take a drive! At $80-90/ton it
might be a lot more economical than gas.

FWIW,

Dave