Re: Dead MULE. Wha happan?

From: Stephen Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 09:23:12 PDT

I want to thank everybody who replied, on and off list, with the great
suggestions. From looking at all the advice I'd say the two leading
suspects are:

1. Plugged fuel filter in the gas tank.
2. Dead fuel pump.

I am going to start on the assumption that #1 is my problem. Seems too
coincidental that this happened when I ran out of gas. I know there is
rust sediment in the tank because it shows up in the fuel filter bowel.
  That being said, it could just be coincidental and the pump could be
shot. As it so happens the seal at the top of the fuel tank has let
go, which means gas leaks out when I go on steep slopes. Since I have
to drop the tank off to fix that problem I might as well check out #1
and rule it in or out at the same time :-)

It will be a few days before I can do the work, but I will report back
to let all you sleuths know how you did guessing what the problem is!

Thanks again!

Steve