M108 wrecker operations

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 13:36:18 PDT

Hey gang, I'm hoping for a little good luck here. If I get it I might be on
my way to get the M108 wrecker Tuesday. For the few of you that have one of
these, I need a right quick rundown on basic operation of the crane since my
TM won't be here for a week. I know how to work the chassis/truck in general
and I know how to engage the transfer PTO. My question is which gear should
the transmission be in and what RPM am I shooting for? I know there is supposed
to be a 1700 RPM governor on the gassers but I have no idea how it works. If
 anybody has a clue, I could use some advice.
Kenny