HANKIES STATUS WAS Re: Hank's eta in Houston TX

From: Ron (rojoha@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 15:03:54 PDT

  For those of you who have been following the continuing saga of the
Hankster and his ambulance...

     Possibly because of FEMA (Fix Everything, My Ass!!) getting hauled
over the coals by Congress Friday AM, Hankie's handlers got a conference
call yesterday afternoon.
    They gave the condemned a hearty meal at supper around 1700 and said
they'd have an all hands meeting at 1900 local that everyone had to attend.
Hankie and a bunch of the guys headed out to a local Wal Mart to buy
lockable foot lockers to keep their personal gear in because theft of stuff
in the church basement was starting to become annoying, what with the
employment of some of the evacuees in the church/ ambulance HQ increasing
and the volunteers who originally operated it heading back out of state.
    Hankie and the troops get back, put there 'stuff' in the foot lockers,
shot the breeze a bit and go off to the meeting.
    Meeting starts on a high point and goes downhill from there. First they
say you guys are doing a great job, really appreciate what you've been
doing. BUT, it's been decided to just use local companies for all future
repatriation missions. SOooooo, effective immediately, your services are no
longer required. You can stay the night if you want, and we'll feed ya
breakfast in the morning, but effective immediately, your off the clock, be
out of here by 1000 local. We're not taking any questions, Thanks and
Buh-By.
    So, ya'll have to be putting up with Hankie on the list again starting
sometime Sunday evening.
    He's around Knoxville, TN right now with an ETA in the Boston, MA
vicinity around 0700 Sunday. Had a rambling conversation with him a while
ago. Something about having bought a pair of PINK Cowboy boots and a PINK
Stetson. I THINK that they might be for his daughter. Then again, they might
be his. Maybe he figures they'll look good on him when he's dealing with the
various hospital administrators in the Gay State. Or is that the Bay State?
I get so confused about that New England Commonwealth thingy south of New
Hampshire.....

    Ronzo, OUT