Re: Undercoating for wheel wells, etc.

From: Chris Brunner (cjbrunner@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 20:00:14 PDT

I have bought two different types of compounds from either JC whitney or
Edmonds (I think that's the name of it - if anyone is really interested
I'm sure I can find the details). One was the typical spray on compound
that dried out and hardened. The other was a compound that worked like
vasoline - went on wet and stayed that way - it was considered to be
"self healing". Although I'd hate to try and clean up the self healing
- seemed to be a good idea. The mud and crud that embedded in it from
the wheel wells seemed to absord the jelly and turn into one giant oil
based goo that kept water off.

Chris

stuinnh@mvnut.us>