Air assist brake chambers

From: santoken@bright.net
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 14:33:24 PDT

List,

Can anyone offer a link(s) to the theory behind the air assist brake chambers/packs found on 2.5 &5 ton trucks?

I'm experiencing some brake related problems with my '215 (which has the same chamber as the newer dueces and 5 tons) and I'm just trying to get to the bottom. I'm really thinking it might be the air pack, but not sure.

Basically, I'm looking for any information on how the unit works. I googled for it, but so much other crap came up, seemed like a lost effort.

Kent