Re: FBI Call

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 19:40:11 PDT

At 8:47 PM -0500 10/17/05, Patrick Jankowiak wrote:
>The FBI is a funny bunch sometimes. Months after
>I reported finding a classified book in a local
>used bookstore (the management did not take me
>seriously), the agent asked me if -I- had sold
>them the book! what a bizzarre question.

Over at Castle Argghhh (www.thedonovan.com)
John's wife was showing some guests around some
US city on a business trip. Oneo the guests, a
briton, took a photo from their rental car of
some tunnel they were passing, there also
happened to be a power plant off the road. Turns
out someone saw the rental car they were in and
the photography and called it in. A few weeks
later, John and his wife were checked out by an
FBI agent who came by to inqure if she'd been in
that area and if she'd had someone in the car
taking pictures. Given that the FBIs are usually
pretty good at checking folks out ahead of time,
they probably knew about John's military career
and such so didn't think too much of it, but they
still rand down the lead to be sure. Politely,
but still very clearly.

Good to know they're dotting the I's and crossing
the t's very carefully. I can't say I'm happy to
hear about the smut squad. Sure, I wouldn't mid
if some of the more nasty porn on the Internet
were curtailed, but not at the expense of federal
funds that should be spent on an immensely more
serious issue. Heck, if they could just deal with
the farking spam problems. That costs us more
than some site that shows images of women and
barnyard animals. *blech*

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)