RE: FBI Call

From: Glen Closson (glen_closson@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 13:18:01 PDT

BLOODY LIMEYS! :)

Regards,

Glen

-----Original Message-----
Of Ryan Gill
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 7:40 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] FBI Call

At 8:47 PM -0500 10/17/05, Patrick Jankowiak wrote:
>The FBI is a funny bunch sometimes. Months after I reported finding a
>classified book in a local used bookstore (the management did not take
>me seriously), the agent asked me if -I- had sold them the book! what a
>bizzarre question.

Over at Castle Argghhh (www.thedonovan.com) John's wife was showing some
guests around some US city on a business trip. Oneo the guests, a briton,
took a photo from their rental car of some tunnel they were passing, there
also happened to be a power plant off the road. Turns out someone saw the
rental car they were in and the photography and called it in. A few weeks
later, John and his wife were checked out by an FBI agent who came by to
inqure if she'd been in that area and if she'd had someone in the car taking
pictures. Given that the FBIs are usually pretty good at checking folks out
ahead of time, they probably knew about John's military career and such so
didn't think too much of it, but they still rand down the lead to be sure.
Politely, but still very clearly.

Good to know they're dotting the I's and crossing the t's very carefully. I
can't say I'm happy to hear about the smut squad. Sure, I wouldn't mid if
some of the more nasty porn on the Internet were curtailed, but not at the
expense of federal funds that should be spent on an immensely more serious
issue. Heck, if they could just deal with the farking spam problems. That
costs us more than some site that shows images of women and barnyard
animals. *blech*

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)