RE: DUKW turns out to be an APC, Trinity County, CA

From: J. L. (milveh@dslextreme.com)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 00:31:40 PDT

There is a 99.99999% chance that this is ONLY a loaner and whoever buys it
will never be certain it will not be repossessed. I say that since NO
American Armor since the Korean war has legally went from the government to
a private party in the USA. That being said, I know one guy down the road
from me that has a whole bunch of American armor, but he also has a staff of
lawyers and slick ways of bringing stuff in, but we shouldn't mention J.
L.'s name here! lol

I think I would try to bid on it and take my chances that my purchase price
would be refunded... if the vehicle was reclaimed. I'm reasonably sure you
would get a refund too.

So, if and when it does come up on auction, I am going to try and buy me an
"implement of husbandry" commonly known as the M (Massey) 113 APC (A)gri-use
(P)owered (C)ultivator. I'll go up to bout $18k if the Mrs. will let me,
think that ought to buy it? Then if I get it, you all can come to the ranch
and help me play with, er, pull stumps with it and plow and such. Also as
an implement of husbandry if I hang an orange triange on the back and it
will be road legal up to 35 mph, per state law!