Re: NOW M35 Crew Cab WAS Re: Coyote Pit

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 09:41:56 PDT

At 10:31 AM -0400 10/29/05, Ron wrote:
>Ryan's link is another internet Black Hole time waster!
> Reading the posts brings you to a picture of Ryan's (at least I think RMGILL and Ryan are one in the same) concept M35 Crew Cab. SWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!
> http://tinyurl.com/b3enu

Yep, that's me. Tank Net is lots of fun. You should read Manic Moran's whole journal from his time in Iraq. Lots of Goat Ropes. He and his platoon had two tanks in a high speed chase through their AO one day. He was begging for a light bar for his Abrams that day.

> Ryan, you have any more massaged photos of your proposed/concept vehicle?

I can't take credit for the photo. I did a line drawing that I posted on steel Soldiers and another fellow did (Jeff) a photo concept (the one I posted over on TankNet).

see:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2894&highlight=crew+cab

Then there's the guy (Hot Rod) that's actually putting a Deuce crew cab together. He's ALSO putting together a Deuce frame, a Mk48 PLS cab and two 5 Ton steer axles for a Mini HEMTT Deuce.

Crew Cab Deuce
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3195

Mini HEMTT
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3020

> I wonder why the military didn't try this as a prime mover for artillery? Probably because they could spend more money on SP artillery tubes?

I wondered the same thing. Would have worked great for the Cannon Cockers I think. And for a S4 Command truck. Place for a radio operator and kit plus cargo space for gear that the S4 always wants.

I wondered if anyone would get a kick out of those photos. Seems like I hooked Ronzo at least.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -