Re: Detroit Diesel paint, Gama Goat filters, and rodentkillage

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 13:29:26 PST

Joe Scheaffer wrote:
> Lots of good info here:
> http://www.gamagoat.com/

Thanks! That site yielded the following NAPA part numbers:

Engine Paint:
DE1618 "Detroit Diesel Alpine Green"

Filters:
FIL1138 Oil filter
FIL3540 Secondary fuel filter
FIL3552 Primary fuel filter

Does anybody have a cross-ref for the air filter? It'd be convenient if
I could order that from NAPA, too.

After spending a few hours cleaning enough rat's nest out of the engine
compartment (particularly around the fan and belts), I installed a pair
of group 24 batteries and fired up the Goat. Even after sitting for
around 2 years, it started up immediately! It's been a long while since
I've heard that wonderful Detroit rattle.

Those %!%$@$##!@@ rats completely filled the space under the
transmission hump with nettles or thistles or whatever the heck they
are. Up to the top!! Packed like a wheel bearing!! Grrrr.

There was no brake pedal pressure, so I'll need to check the fluid and
see if anything is leaking before I try moving the truck. Oh, and I'll
also check the transfer case oil pump priming, too.

Once I can drive the truck, I'll move it to another location where I can
pull off any hull plugs and access covers, and then start attacking it
with a shop vac and a pressure washer.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/