Re: Detroit Diesel paint, Gama Goat filters, androdentkillage

From: Joe Scheaffer (jsinvent@charter.net)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 19:01:31 PST

If you are not already a member, there is also a yahoo group:

There are a lot of great people there, just like on this list!

BTW: Those Detroit engines go to full throttle when shutoff. It is possible
for the injector control rack to stick in the wide open position when
sitting for a long period of time, and run away when started (fuel shutoff
cable won't stop it). I have taken to starting mine in 4th gear high range
if it has been sitting for a while. That way I can let out the clutch and
stall it if necessary.

I see that you ran yours today, but it is still something to consider...
Joe