Re: Another 2 1/2 Wrecker

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 19:08:24 PST

Kenny:

You have correctly seen through the scam, but have an even closer look:

There is a front winch, but no front winch control handle. It has no heat.
Every wrecker/crane I've inspected has had a heater. It has an air-shift
front axle, canvas cab cover, and a multifuel engine. The originals all had
sprag transfers, metal roofs, and gas engines.

One should be wary of a truck that has been cobbled together like this one.
Even though the M108 and M60 trucks shared the same cab and basic running
gear with the M35 series, there is a big difference. The frame on the
wreckers and cranes, in addition to being a few inches different in length,
is manufactured as a much heavier double frame. They are affectionately
called "deuce" wreckers, because of their apparent kinship to the M35 (M44)
series, but are really not the same animal. Their curb weight is
significantly more, also.

When I first saw it, I immediately checked my bank account, to see how much
begging and pleading I would need to do to compel the boss to let me buy
one. (She takes a dim view of increasing the herd right now.) Luckily, it's
not a keeper. Maybe next time?

APB

www.M35products.com

PS: Kenny, can you measure your wrecker's wheel base and frame length, and
let us know how they compare with a stock M35? apb