Protecting Yourself from PayPal

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 18:45:44 PST

Few years ago I purchased a military related item from Ebay and paid for it
with Pay-Pal, seller said he never got money, and he was registered with
Pay-Pal, PaPal would not respond to my request for verification of payment,
seller registered complaint against me for non-payment with E-bay and they
threatened to suspend my buying and selling if I did not settle this
matter.....

The credit card company I had used to set up PayPal account came through for
me, they gave me credit for charge PayPal made when I used them for payment.
I took the money purchased postal MO, sent it via USMail, delivery
confirmation requested, got my merchandise about a week later, some 6 weeks
after initial purchase.

Another time I made purchase and paid for it with Postal MO, seller refused
to ship said he never got money, and I had not paid the extra dollar for
delivery verification, called Post Office, do not know what happened for
sure but I got in very few days "official" letter from Post Office asking
for details. Took about a month or so but I got my money back.

Everette