hats or caps - as in fatigue - Castro - Ridgeway

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 20:14:55 PST

I read with interest the thread concernng Castro and Ridgway cap and I am in
no way doubting the veracity of the statements about not wearing Ridgway
because Castro did. I was stationed (Jan 59 to Oct 60) right across river
from DC during the short period of time that Fidel was considered a friend,
and went to some sort of function at the Embassy and met him -- met as in
stood some 25 feet from him and listened to a ranting speach he made. I
must have been out of Army when cap controversy took place.