Re: gas and fuel costs

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 10:24:01 PST

G Shaw wrote:

>Its simple, they are just passing it along in the cost. It was on the news
>last night that UPS has followed FEDEX and raised the rates 5% to cover
>diesel increases. The truckers who are not or can not pass the cost along
>such as the OO Gypsies are going to be hurting or gone. CSX Rail announce
>increases last week also due to diesel fuel.
>
>Glenn

    I bid my jobs by a flat amount I look at it on the map and more than
likely I have been there before and I come up with a figure which
usually works out to about $3 a mile but I most of this price is
aggregation I figure in like the 7 hours it took Overnite to unload me
Thursday or the 4 hours it took the postal service to load me yesterday.

--

/"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"/