Re: V8 Starting

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 15:28:14 PST

If you have a strong and consistent spark, then I would look at the
carburetor. Just because you have fuel pressure does not mean that the
float is not stuck or there is junk in one of the orfices.

I'd do the starter fluid test; crank the engine and spray starter fluid
into the carb, if it fires and you can almost keep it running on starter
fluid, then the spark is probably ok and the carb is plugged up.

Dave