Re: M35 rear facing PTO

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 09:20:14 PST

If you can't find a used Military power take off - contact a clutch and
driveshaft shop and ask them what they can do. They have catalogs of
PTO units that fit just about every vehicle ever made and they aren't
that expensive. In the $200 range normally I was told. Some of them
have to be setup with shims to get the proper gear engagement.

I'd probably tap into the transmission as that should be easier to get a
  PTO for, but you will be stuck with one speed, whereas if you tap into
the transfer case you can vary the transfer case speed by shifting the
gears on the transmission. If you are using a hydraulic pump a single
speed unit of the transmission is probably all you need.

I think Eaton is the biggest supplier of PTO's for transmissions. If
you search via google for "PTO unit" or something similar you can find
some online catalogs also.

Dave