Re: Deuce Air hoses and glad hands availability

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 13:05:21 PST

Sarge wrote:
> While you are in the truck stop perusing the glad hands, take a look for the
> little round rubber air seals that fit in the glad hands.
> Black ones are under a dollar each and red or blue ones are a couple of
> bucks each. They do wear out and they are very simple to replace.

The old glad hands on your surplus truck might be a different
style/brand that uses different rubber seals than the new ones that
you'll find at the local truck stop. If that's the case, then just
replace the whole glad hand for around $6 when its seal is shot, and
then in the future you'll be able to use the locally-available seals. I
guess it wouldn't hurt to buy a couple of matching spare seals at the
same time, and stick them in the glove boxin a zip-lock bag.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/