Re: 5 Ton transfer case sprag

From: J (W7LS@blarg.net)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 11:46:58 PST

According to a local sage, one failure mechanism is the jamnut on the
end of the air solenoid shaft coming off. Simple fix. The piston is
forced back and forth by the air, but doesn't actually move the selector
rod. The solenoid is located right above the rear driveline, on the
transfer case. 4 bolts and one airline later and it's off. Check to see
if the jamnut is in place, and move the rod back and forth by hand. Jim